NWT Species Infobase
The Northwest Territories (NWT) Species Infobase is a searchable catalogue of referenced information on NWT species.
It includes the information on habitat, distribution, population numbers, trends and threats used to rank the general status of NWT species.
The infobase is regularly updated by the NWT Species General Status Ranking Program. Thousands of species have been ranked and are included in the infobase. The number of species ranked by the program increases every year. The goal is to include as many as possible of the 30,000 species estimated to be present in the NWT.
- To search the NWT Species Infobase, click here
Species ranked May be at Risk or At Risk require more attention or investigation and are the highest priority for more detailed assessment by either the NWT Species at Risk Committee (SARC) or by Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada (COSEWIC).
Reports on the General Status Ranks for NWT are published every five years as the NWT Species report.
The current report, NWT Species 2016-2020, can be downloaded here.
- Species at Risk in the NWT (2020)
- Atlas and Key to Tiger Beetles of the Northwest Territories
- Atlas and Key to Dragonflies and Damselflies of the Northwest Territories
- Atlas and Key to Grasshoppers of the Northwest Territories
- Butterflies of the Northwest Territories
- Bumble Bees of the Northwest Territories
- Lady Beetles of the Northwest Territories
- Owls of the Northwest Territories
- Raptors of the Northwest Territories