The public is invited to comment on the potential re-listing of polar bear to the NWT List of Species at Risk as a species of Special Concern. Comments are due by October 15, 2021.
Please consider the following questions when providing comments:
- Should polar bear be re-listed as Special Concern to the NWT List of Species at Risk? Why or why not?
- If polar bear was re-listed, do you think there would be any impacts (positive or negative) from the re-listing? If so, what?
- Is there new or missing information that was not considered in the status report? If so, can you provide it to us or tell us where to find it?
Comments on the assessment and potential re-listing of polar bear can be submitted by completing a survey (English and French links below) or by sending your comments to Environment and Natural Resources (address below).
- Survey (English): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2QCNX52
- Survey (French): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LD9FXCP
Environment and Natural Resources
Government of the Northwest Territories
PO Box 1320
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Phone: 867-767-9237 ext. 53214